7 Ways to Reduce Plastic Pollution
Here are 7 quick and easy ways you can reduce your plastic pollution:
- Don’t use plastic straws or cutlery. Saying “No to the Straw” starts a conversation about how we can be more conscious of our environment.
- Bring glass containers to restaurants and to work with you. Glass containers are healthy for both you and the environment. Avoid using plastic take out containers and plastic bags.
- Carry a reusable water bottle. Save money and invest in a reusable water bottle. It keeps your drinks hot/cold and safer than drinking from plastic bottles.
- Bring an eco bag. Eco bags are bags for life! I have like 30 of these. They carry so much more than plastic bags and are much cuter to carry around. That one plastic bag you use at the grocery will take about 400 to 1000 Years to photo-grade into very small pieces. So don’t use that plastic bag, unless its recyclable.
- Pick up trash! Even if it’s not yours. Be the better person and set the example. Even if it isn’t your trash, have the mentality that you’re taking initiative to take care of a place you love. Search online to see if there are clean-up events near you or start your own event!
- If it’s plastic… think twice. Whether at the grocery or shopping for clothes. If it contains plastic just don’t buy it.
- Share this lifestyle like crazy! If everyone had this conscious mindset, think of how much cleaner our Earth would be. Check out my video for more details on how you can reduce plastic pollution